Greetings and welcome to botanica2014!
What has been a long-time dream of bringing together therapists, scientists, educators and those passionate about plant medicine and clinical aromatherapy began coming true in 2012. Building on its resounding success, we are now ready to welcome you to the next botanica experience! We invite you to save the date and book your place for 5-8th September 2014!
Here are five reasons why botanica is your destination for 2014:
1. Botanica2014 is unique. No other conference in the English speaking world has the diversity of expert speakers on subjects concerning plant medicine and clinical aromatherapy.
2. Botanica2014 is motivating. It presents you with new perspectives, rich exchanges and opportunities to re-connect with what it means to be part of the exciting world of plant therapeutics.
3. Botanica2014 is world class. All our international speakers are experts in their field who generously share their knowledge and skills. They are coming from far and wide to present to you.
4. Botanica2014 is educational.You will leave the event with new knowledge and skills gleaned not only from the lectures and post conference workshops but also from your peers attending the event…and earn CPD points!
5. Botanica2014 is relevant. With new advances in plant research and practice, it is essential to keep up to date. This event provides you with the opportunity to do so in an inspiring way and ensures that you can profit from the latest information in your field.
Rhiannon says “When I reflect on what motivates me to host botanica2014, an international gathering of like-minded individuals comes to mind and what better place to hold it than in Ireland; a country that embraced the concept of the gathering on a country-wide scale in 2013, celebrating all that is great and good about the Irish people and their traditions!”
The aims of our botanica2014 gathering are to:
- Promote and publicise the use of plant-based medicine in clinical settings around the world.
- Foster international exchanges of research and clinical information.
- Encourage collaborations between practitioners, providers and researchers to ultimately improve health, well being and quality of life.
- Facilitate access to producers and retailers of excellent quality products for the herbal and aromatic industry.
What is a botanica gathering?
By definition a gathering is when a body of people come together in one place for a specified purpose…and usually the goal is to celebrate aspects of what they have in common. This is what botanica2014 is all about…an assembly of persons who are passionate about plants in all their forms and their capacity to heal the body, soothe the mind and nourish the soul. And let’s not forget the celebration aspect! Along with 3 jam packed days of sharing, information and education, fun is most definitely on the agenda for botanica2014!
The location of any gathering is important – it needs to be congruent with the theme and the spirit of the event, to inspire and facilitate the collective experience. Trinity College in the heart of Dublin city provides the perfect backdrop for botanica2014 with its world class conference and trade show facilities, history, architecture, gardens and accessibility – in short, it lends itself perfectly once again to our unique event.
Come and join us!
Botanica attracts people from far and wide. In 2012, we celebrated with participants from 31 countries! For 2014, the international speakers alone represent 14 countries between them! With three days of conference, an international trade show and exciting full day of post conference workshops on September 8th, I know you will have an outstanding experience on multiple levels.
We therefore invite you to join us for what is set to be a truly remarkable international gathering of aromatherapists, herbalists, researchers and scientists all dedicated to promoting the field of plant therapeutics and clinical aromatherapy. We are looking forward to welcoming you personally.
Rhiannon Lewis Organiser of the Botanica 2014 Conference
I'm so delighted that my vision of hosting a conference on aromatherapy is becoming a reality ...